cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report freelancer

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
11 of 11

re: "I agree, I have freelancers that never did any work and cancelled the contract"

R S:

Whether I hire people to do computer-based work on Upwork, or whether I hire local laborers via CraigsList, I assume that a certain percentage of them will not show up. So I adjust my hiring accordingly.

I hire using a buffer, typically assuming a "flake" rate of one-third. So (for example) if I need 3 people for a job, I hire 4 or 5. That way I can be fairly certain I'll have the crew that I need.

If I need only one person to do an Upwork job, but if my deadline is tight, then I'll hire 2 or 3 people, and clearly explain the deadline. If I receive acceptable submissions before the deadline, I can close the contracts on everybody, including those who didn't submit any work.

You (R S) are clearly displeased with contractors who accept a contract and never do any work. I understand how you could find this to be unprofessional. But, honestly, I don't even think about it any more. I accept this as given. I'm appreciative of the quality individuals who show up and do the work as promised.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS