cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Reporting Threats from Freelancer

Carlton D Member Since: Mar 8, 2017
1 of 12

I have been trying with no succes to find a way to report a freelancer I started wroking with in 2015.

After a motnh I had to demad a refund due to lack of any type of progress on the project.

Just yesterday he began posting threats to my social media accounts.

It there any way to report this type of behavior?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ravindra B Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
2 of 12

Hi Carlton,

Report the matter to Customer Support.

"Certa bonum certamen"
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
3 of 12

Report it to whom? What goes on outside of Upwork, two years after your Upwork contract, hardly seems an Upwork issue. Report it to the platform where the threats were made.

4 of 12

THank you.  THat has been done.  However, I am sure that Upwork would like to know that one of thier freelancers is threatening unhappy clients.

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
5 of 12

@Carlton D wrote:

THank you.  THat has been done.  However, I am sure that Upwork would like to know that one of thier freelancers is threatening unhappy clients.

Really?

I suspect otherwise, but perhaps you're right.

Community Guru
Ravindra B Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
6 of 12

@Tiffany S wrote:

Report it to whom? What goes on outside of Upwork, two years after your Upwork contract, hardly seems an Upwork issue. Report it to the platform where the threats were made.

Yes, Tiffany.

But if that person is still a freelancer at Upwork, surely Carlton can raise this issue with CS.

"Certa bonum certamen"
Community Guru
Jeff R Member Since: Apr 17, 2015
7 of 12

Yes, there is a way of reporting this kind of behavior. Go down to your local police station.

If someone is posting threats, and they are serious threats, you should be reporting it to the police.

8 of 12

Already done, as I activly train the local police.  Thank you.  I am more concerened with the developers future clients.

Community Guru
Jeff R Member Since: Apr 17, 2015
9 of 12

There will be no future clients if his butt is behind bars

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
10 of 12

Yeah but there is more to this story. LOL 2 years holding a grudge and waiting to hit him now? Yeah, sure LOL

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS