🐈
» Forums » Clients » Reporting a freelancer
Page options
e4b33d20
Community Member

Reporting a freelancer

I would like to report a freelancer for his language and attitude. This is not the level of service I would expect from Upwork and I believe it should be taken care of.

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Ariel:
You have not provided any details about what the freelancer did.

So there is no way for me to weigh in with my own opinion and say either:
a) Wow, yeah, that was really inappropriate. You should report them.

[or]

b) I wouldn't worry about it. If you don't want to hire them, then just don't hire them.

You are welcome to tell us more about what happened and seek our opinion.

But as far as the actual functionality for reporting a freelancer...
You are welcome to report right here in the Community Forum.

But the direct, official way to report a freelancer is to click on the "Flag as inappropriate" link button in the top right hand corner of the freelancer's profile page. You may need to click on the "Three Dots" icon in order to see the option.

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 3.58.06 PM.png

Generally speaking, I advise Upwork users to only report things that are actually listed there.

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 3.58.27 PM.png

If you believe that Upwork freelancers should communicate in a polite, professional manner at all times... Then you are correct.

If a freelancer does not do so, you may use one of the methods I mentioned to report the freelancer. Are you obligated to report? No. You would need to make that decision for yourself.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
prestonhunter
Community Member

Ariel:
You have not provided any details about what the freelancer did.

So there is no way for me to weigh in with my own opinion and say either:
a) Wow, yeah, that was really inappropriate. You should report them.

[or]

b) I wouldn't worry about it. If you don't want to hire them, then just don't hire them.

You are welcome to tell us more about what happened and seek our opinion.

But as far as the actual functionality for reporting a freelancer...
You are welcome to report right here in the Community Forum.

But the direct, official way to report a freelancer is to click on the "Flag as inappropriate" link button in the top right hand corner of the freelancer's profile page. You may need to click on the "Three Dots" icon in order to see the option.

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 3.58.06 PM.png

Generally speaking, I advise Upwork users to only report things that are actually listed there.

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 3.58.27 PM.png

If you believe that Upwork freelancers should communicate in a polite, professional manner at all times... Then you are correct.

If a freelancer does not do so, you may use one of the methods I mentioned to report the freelancer. Are you obligated to report? No. You would need to make that decision for yourself.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths