mjholm

Reports - Budgets - Activity Codes

I would like to make use of the Budget feature in Reports. In the past I have set budgets, but now I want to delete old ones and add new ones. 

It appears that by creating Activity Codes this should automatically create the possiblity of assigning a budget to the code, but in practice this does not work.

To me it looks as if this reporting feature has just not be completed. Does anyone else have experience with this?

I used this feature about 18 months ago, but gave up as it did not work well enough, but I would like to try again.

Screenshot 2017-01-21 21.17.09.png

2 REPLIES 2
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing your feedback about reports, Mark. I'll forward it to the team.

~ Valeria
Upwork
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mark,

I just wanted to provide an update. The team realizes that the budget report needs to be improved and modernized. Currently the report shows top 10 activities with most spent ever, ordered from highest spent to lowest spent.

You archived old activities and created new activities, but new activities aren't visible in budget report because total spent on them isn't high enough yet. You still see the old activities in the report because they have more spent than the new ones. As workaround you can use 'Time by activity' report.

~ Valeria
Upwork