cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Reports

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
11 of 28

Hi Craig, and Eric,

I would just like to note that you should still be able to access your Work Diaries, Transactions, and Weekly Summaries (through an email). 

While the Work Diary no longer appears in your Reports tab, you still have access to view it and all contract details on a contract-by-contract basis in the Contract Room. You can access the Contract Room from two places: My Jobs>Contracts for active contracts or Jobs>All Contracts.

To be able to access your Transactions report, please hover your mouse over the “Reports” tab and then click on “Transactions.” 

Upwork Client Basic customers will still be able to see their weekly transactions through the Weekly Summary email. For more information, please visit this Help Center article.

-Avery
Untitled
Craig W Member Since: Jul 30, 2019
12 of 28

Hi Avery and all Moderators,

I am wrong, I apologize.   I think I was wrong to request seeing  reports.  I think I should get the reports from my emails as you suggested, easier, more convenient and timelier.   I was wrong to assume I should receive more helpful reports over time and not less.  I think Upwork make the right decision in taking away easy to use features and easy to read and access reports.  If I want to see those reports I should pay $600 per year.  One clink links to reports should cost $600 per year at the minimum.  I apologize.  I think you should also make report blurry and charge me and extra $1,000 to unblurry them.  I think you should take away the alerts and charge $1,000 to receive them from now on.  You should do the same thing with emails.  Why not take away the chatrooms and charge us for them too.  I should be the next CEO of Upwork, my ideas are crazy awesome, clients will love me!  Again, I’m just looking out for Upwork, because I care, I’m cool like that.

I think I should be more grateful to you; I should be more thankful to Upwork.

Thank you for seeing things from my perspective.  Thank you for taking the time out of your day to better understand your clients.  Thank you for making the time I spend on Upwork easier.  Thank you for upgrading your platform.  Thank you for scaling out your platform's features.  Thank you for growing alongside your clients.  Thank you for placing as much value on my time and money as I do.  Thank you for creating and adding new and convenient features to make your clients happier and the time they spend more efficient.  Thank you for helping me track my contractors better so they don’t take advantage of me (That’s a big one, thank you!).   Thank you for listening to your company's clients and really going beyond things like "You can see stuff in an email".   Thank you for not taking advantage of clients and putting the client first.  Thank you for making changes based on the needs of your clients.  Thank you for removing a line of code that prevented me from seeing everything I’ve always seen.  Thank you for making your product more efficient.  Thank you for putting people first and not profits.  Thank you for supporting the small business community. 

If any moderator cared to investigate and look at the amount of money I spend, look at the amount of feedback I give, read the feedback I’ve been given and finally, take a look at the number of bonuses I give out and the amount of those bonuses, you will see that it’s not about the $600.  Clearly, I don’t care about $600.  What I care about is not being taken advantage of.  I want you to create better features that makes me WANT to pay $600, not take features hostage, take them and make me pay to see them again.  Think of it this way, you gave me a choice, pay $600 or be less informed and less efficient, awesome!  Do you not understand this?  Do you not get it this?  Again, why didn’t you just make the report blurry and charge me $600 to unblurry it?  It’s the same thing. 

No “mediator” should reply to this, there is nothing to mediate.  Instead of replying, you should all get together and find the smart guy who made this decision and tell that person “This guy Craig, he sort of has a point, maybe we should rethink our strategy of taking features hostage, after all, we want to improve the company, we want to make the company the best company ever and since this guy Craig makes sense and is a total gangster and super good looking, we should probably listen to him.”

If nobody understood this, tell Stratis to give me a call.  Congratulations on your IPO, the company is not yet profitable but that takes time and long-term viability means long-term planning and that means putting clients first before shareholders.  Sorry, that was rude of me, I stole that line from your CEO.  Kidding.

Don’t worry, this is the last of my comments, I am burnt on it and I give up.  In the end, you will never get $600 from me to see a report.

Sana H Member Since: Apr 3, 2017
13 of 28

He's my client! 

Smiley Happy

Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
14 of 28

Way to go Upwork. The bread and butter of your company, clients. without clients there would be no Upwork. Lets face it, freelancers are a dime a dozen. Every day hundreds register here. If 100 leave there will be 200 with the same skills willing and able to work. But if a client leaves. and they ARE leaving. And without that job/client the freelancers have nothing to work on. 

15 of 28

The email reports are brilliant!  But I have a suggestion.

There are two links in the email , "View Weekly Summary" and "View Timesheet details"  both links lead you to the page "Need additional Reports" 

How about also adding a link to my "Work Diary"?    Make sure that link is completely useless  as well.   

Upwork director Dan Marriott sold 1.2M shares on August 9th for $18M.   Go Dan!  

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
16 of 28

Hi Craig, 

I'm sorry that this has been an inconvenience. I would like to clarify that all clients regardless of the membership plan receives the Weekly Summary email is sent to clients on Upwork. The links will redirect to the reports noted if you are currently on the Upwork Client Plus Plan. 

And as noted on my previous reply, you should still be able to access your freelancer's Work Diary through your individual contract rooms. 

I would like to clarify that the "Solved" note shows when a post in the thread is accepted by a Community member, or a Moderator as the Best Answer/solution. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Beth B Member Since: Aug 11, 2019
17 of 28

No No No, this is NOT ok.  I am not paying $50/month for a simple report you used to give me for the cost of doing business with you.  We have spent 100's of thousands of dollars with Upwork.  You are going to risk nickel and diming me now?  Not wise.  Please have a manager contact me ASAP, this is not acceptable. 

Charles B Member Since: Jul 15, 2019
18 of 28

Very dumb move and a rediculous answer. Too hard to get basic information about how much was paid to each vendor.

Add me to the list of clients for whom this does not work at all. I was using upwork more and more, but your have forced me to try upwork alternatives.

19 of 28

not enough people complained so they do not care what you think.   

20 of 28

You are  brilliant! This is not solved.  Thanks for listening!  Thanks for reading everything everyone wrote! .

take off the "Solved" comment please.  Oh wait, you don't read and don't listen.  Guess it's going to stay "Solved". lol

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS