cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reports

Craig Z Member Since: Sep 16, 2019
21 of 28

I fully agree with what the other users have said here. How is it reasonable to remove the reports that show the time each freelancer put in? What you have done is caused the freelancer to spend additional time (unbillable) filling out paperwork because now we require them to submit their hours in a separate document and we don't pay them to fill out that document.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
22 of 28

Hi Craig, 

I would like to confirm that you should still be able to access your freelancer's Work Diaries. While it no longer appears in your Reports tab, you still have access to view individual Work Diaries, and all the contract details by going to your Contract Room. You can access the Contract Room from two places: My Jobs>Contracts for active contracts or Jobs>All Contracts.

For Contract ID 21897158, you should be able to access the Work Diary here.

-Avery
Untitled
23 of 28

Thanks for the response however like everyone else on this thread has pointed out, that would require that I go day by day and manually record the information. That is simply not acceptable and a waste of time since Upwork has the data and can supply it again. As I said before, it is just going to be more work for the freelancer since they will now need to submit their hours manually.

What was Upwork's goal here? If it was to collect additional money, not only is that not going to happen, it just just ticking people off.

Charles B Member Since: Jul 15, 2019
24 of 28
Can everyone share what alternative sites you are now using to replace
Upwork?

What are the best platforms to find freelancers, and where the platform is
friendly toward the clients?

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
25 of 28

Charles B wrote:
Can everyone share what alternative sites you are now using to replace
Upwork?

What are the best platforms to find freelancers, and where the platform is
friendly toward the clients?

The problem is, this is the best one. Well, the best freelancers are on Upwork and they still have some useful tools. But they are in the process of changing their business model into something that may not suit small clients.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Jeremy A Member Since: Jan 23, 2018
26 of 28

Yep, Upwork is being extremely greedy. Their transaction log is grotesque and hard to read. So why not put other basic reports behind a paywall so they can milk MORE money out of the clients...

Because I guess charging a transaction fee on the front end and then charging the freelancer a large percent is not enough. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

27 of 28

So, @Upwork, do you have a solution to this?

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
28 of 28

Hi Craig,

As part of the Basic plan you have access to several reports:

-Transaction report. This gives you a detailed view of all your Upwork transactions.

-Freelancer work diaries. Visit the Contract Room for any project to see a freelancer’s Work Diary.

-Weekly Summary email. Account admins will get this weekly email report, which includes details such as the hours logged by your freelancer(s).

Based on data about how clients use reports, we expect that the tools above will give the majority of clients the information they need to manage their projects. However, in cases where clients need more information, we are offering the paid Client Plus plan.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS