🐈
» Forums » Clients » Request Refund From UpWork
Page options
f8d40b9c
Community Member

Request Refund From UpWork

I am requesting refund from UpWork. I made a partial payment on a contract and canceled the contract. Original budget/escrow was $200. I paid $100 before cancelling the contract. How do I get my $100 back?

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I am requesting refund from UpWork. I made a partial payment on a contract and canceled the contract. Original budget/escrow was $200. I paid $100 before cancelling the contract. How do I get my $100 back?"

Charles:
If you paid $100 as an escrow payment for a fixed-price task, and then you cancelled the contract... while editing the amount of money to be released to zero dollars, then as long as the freelancer agrees to that refund, it will be processed AUTOMATICALLY. You will get that $100 back without you needing to do anything else.

If the freelancer does nothing - if he ignores your refund request completely, then you will get the money credited back to you automatically (after seven days).

If you manually released $100 to the freelancer, that is a different matter. It is really not Upwork's intention that you get that money back, but you are certainly allowed to ask the freelancer to refund that money back to you

AndreaG

Hi Charles Cinque,

I checked your account and I believe I found the contract you're referring to. In this case, the budget was $200 but only $100 was funded into Escrow and released to the freelancer. It does look like you have a second contract with this freelancer with some amount in Escrow still, you should be able to Get an Escrow Refund for those funds.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths