🐈
» Forums » Clients » Request a refund
Page options
steve57
Community Member

Request a refund

Hi! I have some problems with my websites on AWS and wanted to solve them. Several times I hired freelancer to solve it. They did a small task, I ended a contract, wrote a good feedback. But solved issues didn't solve the problem - accasinally server's loads.

I faced with that problen that I spend money, but nobody solve my problem, in a week I face with it again.

I decided to move a website to godaddy. Hired a freelancer, not cheapiest. What freelancer succesfully did for told time limit - only moved a database. Time went, money was requested, but I don't really want approve and loose these money and fees. I tried several times to tell a freelancer how to make it faster if some operations take too much time. I moved files by myself because... I just need a moved website and I did it since frelancer cannot and asked to do other things. But instead of it freelancer tried some previous methods again... and again no result. I finished what I started in an hour or 2 and now website almost ready on the new place - SSL, ,htaccess etc
So since it was made only a small part of work and a lot time was wasted - my own too - I want to refund most of money for hours before the payment will be proceeded.
I'm really tired of unresposibility in AWS and now websites moving. It seems so like I hire freelancers here in order to increase their rates, write good feedback and after that solve problems by myself. I want to stop doing it and dont want loose money by fees if I pay first and get refund later

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Stepan, for a project such as yours, you should not be using GoDaddy or AWS.

That is one of your problems.

The other problem you are having relates to how you hire freelancers.

It sounds like you know enough to be dangerous. You need to:

a) stop hiring freelancers and do the work yourself

[or]

b) hire some freelancers with a high enough level of skill and experience that they can really help you get this project going.

If you hire again, then try to make sure you hire someone who can tell you why AWS and GoDaddy were the wrong choices for hosting. I have used those products and I can tell you they are good options for some projects, but bad options for other projects. I could actually give you more info, but I think you will be better off if I don't do so, but instead have this be something you discuss with new hires. Finding someone or multiple people who have enough experience to answer this question will help you know you have found someone who can really help you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

Stepan, for a project such as yours, you should not be using GoDaddy or AWS.

That is one of your problems.

The other problem you are having relates to how you hire freelancers.

It sounds like you know enough to be dangerous. You need to:

a) stop hiring freelancers and do the work yourself

[or]

b) hire some freelancers with a high enough level of skill and experience that they can really help you get this project going.

If you hire again, then try to make sure you hire someone who can tell you why AWS and GoDaddy were the wrong choices for hosting. I have used those products and I can tell you they are good options for some projects, but bad options for other projects. I could actually give you more info, but I think you will be better off if I don't do so, but instead have this be something you discuss with new hires. Finding someone or multiple people who have enough experience to answer this question will help you know you have found someone who can really help you.

ok, with refund all proceeded fine

Latest Articles
Learning Paths