🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Resume an automatically cancelled contrac...
Page options
5f53ddd2
Community Member

Resume an automatically cancelled contract due to inactivity

With no notice, our contract was automatically cancelled due to inactivity, except we've had activity.  The freelancer doesn't understand, nor do I. I just want it back the way it was.  It was a $1,000 fixed price contract for a longer term project, and we've been messaging and working on the project together. Please help! 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Nicholas,

Thank you for your message. The contract can be considered inactivity in case there is no action or activity such as work submission, approving and creating new milestones, etc are done on the contract for a longer period. Communication via messages is not considered activity on a contract. If you are still working with the freelancer, you have an option to rehire this freelancer on a new contract and request the freelancer to approve the refund requested on the previous contract. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PradeepH

Hi Nicholas,

Thank you for your message. The contract can be considered inactivity in case there is no action or activity such as work submission, approving and creating new milestones, etc are done on the contract for a longer period. Communication via messages is not considered activity on a contract. If you are still working with the freelancer, you have an option to rehire this freelancer on a new contract and request the freelancer to approve the refund requested on the previous contract. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
5f53ddd2
Community Member

Thanks for this. It helped me understand. I also communicated with UpWork support difectly on this matter who were very helpful, and even helped me communcate with the freelancer so we could get back on track with a new contract, without anyone being concerned about how this affects rating/money. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths