🐈
» Forums » Clients » Reverse a refund request
Page options
9ed453f7
Community Member

Reverse a refund request

I hired a freelancer and once the job was done, I ended the contract and gave a good review. This got processed as refund request which is not I want. I do not want to offend the freelancer and get any negative reviews.  Looks like there is no way to reverse this.

I noticed a similar question in this forum where the moderator suggested that the freelancer has to decline the refund and I have to cancel the request to close the dispute.

So now I just sit and wait?

3 REPLIES 3
kbc501
Community Member

I'm not really sure why my earlier reply was deleted, but as I said earlier, if you've been in communication with the freelancer, it shouldn't be an issue. Most of us work very hard to please our customers. 

prachi163
Community Member

I had a similar situation with a client, where he wanted to cancel the refund request.

If you raise a ticket, someone will help you with clear instructions on how to cancel the refund request.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chandrika, 

I checked your contract with your freelancer, and can see that you have money in escrow. This is why a refund request was automatically processed when you closed the contract. You set a budget, and released a partial amount to the freelancer. You may check it on this page. The remaining money is currently in escrow, and your freelancer will have to agree to the refund request so that it can be refunded back to your payment method. 

To clarify, this will not affect the money that has already been paid to your freelancer. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths