🐈
» Forums » Clients » Reverse a refund / why was my money refunded ...
Page options
5b5de152
Community Member

Reverse a refund / why was my money refunded / is it possible to just talk to someone?

So, on two jobs it seems I recieved a refund. It's extremely unfortunate that either there is no way to just reach out to upwork directly or that it's so obscured that I haven't been able to find it. I've burned three hours trying to figure this out which mitigates the purpose of hiring someone to save my team time in the first place. We are using upwork as a platform to hire a specific person to make life easier in terms of expensing. This completely cancels out the value of upwork to us.

Questions:

1) Why were the charges reversed? (if I could just speak to someone or exchange emails directly I would be able to explain the situation in more detail... alas, not the case.)

2) How can I undo this in a timely manner to be able to both get the freelancer the money he earned and be able to put this in my expense requests for the month? 

3) What is the best way to ensure this does not happen in the future with a freelance we want to consistently hire?

4) Where can I see a straightforward expense report that I can drop into my own so that our CFO doesn't have to spend more thant 30 seconds looking at it?

5) Is there a phone number or email address or live chat that I can use to just get in touch with someone regarding a matter which should be taking at maximum fifteen minutes of my time? 

Extremely peeved at the cumbersome platform and difficult customer service at the moment. If this doesn't get figured out today with no more than twenty to thirty minutes of effort on my end I'm cutting out the middle man and trashing upwork on every possible platform in my off time.

1 REPLY 1
nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Bill,

Sorry to hear you are having a difficult time using the platform and getting in touch for assistance. I will try to address all your questions here.

It looks like charges were reversed to you because the offer that you sent your freelancer was not accepted by him on time and expired. Therefore it was cancelled and the funds refunded to you, including the processing fee which was the second charge. When an offer expired, the funds get refunded to the original payment method.

I've checked and it looks as though you have extended a new offer to the freelancer and they accepted it, so you won't need to undo what happened with the previous offer.

You will be able to click on the "Reports" tab at the top of your account and then click on "Transaction History" to see all of your expenses and you can download the invoices.

When you click on the question mark icon at the upper right side right next to the "Find Freelancers" search field, you should see the option to click on "Help and Support" which will bring you to a page with a big green button towards the bottom that says "Get help".

If you are not seeing this please try clearing your cache, as you should have support options available to you. If the issue persists please let us know so that we can assist further.

956604472582414336.png

~Nina
Latest Articles
Learning Paths