🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Revise PRIVATE FEEDBACK for my freelancer
Page options
62ae9ff9
Community Member

Revise PRIVATE FEEDBACK for my freelancer

My assistant accidentally left 8/10 on our previous freelancer and I would like to change it. I am the one who hired him and he deserves 10/10.

Where can I make an official request to do so? Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Ayano K wrote:

Where can I make an official request to do so? Thank you

It isn't possible. Private feedback can not be changed for obvious reasons. Freelancers who pester clients regarding private feedback, or even ask about private feedback, are deeply unprofessional and should probably be reported.

62ae9ff9
Community Member

i understand your point, but obviously we did not know that the private feedback also affects the rating of the freelancer in such a way. then I don't really see a point of having public and private feedback. also, this rating is relative. 8/10 seemed fair to my assistant but I just disagree, that's all. I just wanted to change the mistake. 

Ayano K wrote:

i understand your point, but obviously we did not know that the private feedback also affects the rating of the freelancer in such a way. then I don't really see a point of having public and private feedback. also, this rating is relative. 8/10 seemed fair to my assistant but I just disagree, that's all. I just wanted to change the mistake. 

I went down this road before because I had hit the back on my browser when doing filling out a review and they were pretty consistent that they could not allow me to change it.  

The reason for private feedback is to prevent clients from being bullied or co-erced into giving good reviews.  I would argue it should be more appropriately explained and perhaps have a number of factors to consider.

Another part of the problem is this. Most people would consider 8/10 to be a good rating. Probably that's what your assistant thought. But Upwork's algorithm seems to treat it as a poor rating, and I believe it can have a significant negative effect on the freelancer's Job Success Score.

Yes that is my point, the score is relative.  not a good feeling that it happened 😞

oh you too? yes it is not very private if the other person can see it at the end. in my experience, most of the time they would beg you to change because they are the bread earner of the family etc etc etc. at the end of the day, I just want to move on, and don't want to waste my energy in pursuing this.... well I sent an email, let's see.

I just want to say something about this --  I quit this 5/per hour job because I found much higher rate , and then obviously the employer don't feel good about it and probably gave me 1 star in a private review.  My profile was hidden from search since then, even If I'm a "top rated plus badged" freelancer ^

Latest Articles
Learning Paths