cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ripped off by freelancer $2000 USD

Ace Contributor
João P Member Since: May 23, 2017
11 of 13

I face the same issue when designing a logo.

I learn to design a logo the old fashioin way, with research (mostly books) and by drawing on a notepad. Of course all of this resources are avaialble upon request, and scan images are property of the client if he/she chooses to use it.

Nonetheless, it is something that has to be discussed upfront with the client before starting a project. And sometimes , specially from a new freelancer (ie a new contact) can sound like a fraudulent scheme.

Not sure how I can solve this...

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
12 of 13

João,

You may need to discuss it with the client and evaluate if it's more convenient for the both of you to use manual time on an hourly contract or structure the project using a fixed-price contract. Please, note that manual time isn't covered by Upwork Hourly Protection so you should make sure you trust the client enough to do it. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
13 of 13

@Preston H wrote:

If I was working on that project as a freelancer, at the very least I would have sent messages to the client every couple hours updating them about my progress. One or two sentences.

I think this again really highlights how different fields and types of projects are. Most of my clients, for example, are attorneys managing law firms (so, already doing two full-time jobs). Emailing them once or twice a week is considered high maintenance--most of them want the freelancer to go away, do the job, and come back when it's over.

If a client wanted updates, I'd be happy to provide them. If the client wants me to be low-maintenance, I try to accommodate that, as well.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS