cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ripped off by upwork freelancer

35fe0123
frank p Member Since: Jul 26, 2017
1 of 15

Seeking attorneys that can help me sue upwork as i was totally ripped off by a freelancer 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 15

@frank p wrote:

Seeking attorneys that can help me sue upwork as i was totally ripped off by a freelancer 

What happened?

In general you can attempt to sue the freelancer, as that is (if anyone) who ripped you off. 

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 15

Hi Frank,

I'm sorry you are having issues with a freelancer you hired. I see that you have already talked to a phone support agent and they've explained the dispute process to you. You've filed a dispute and since the freelancer rejected it, Upwork team will review the Work Diary against the requirements of Upwork Hourly Protection. They'll inform you about the results of the review as soon as possible.

~ Valeria
Untitled
stencil_media
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
4 of 15

And you're looking for these attorneys on Upwork? There's an old saying in Tennessee. I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee, that says fool me once, shame on... erm, shame on you. Fool me, erm... well... you can't get fooled again.

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 15

re: "Seeking attorneys that can help me sue upwork as i was totally ripped off by a freelancer"

Sorry. That's not really a "thing".

gerrys
Community Guru
Gerry S Member Since: Nov 23, 2014
6 of 15

Ok ... post a job for a "lawyer".

prestonhunter
Community Guru
7 of 15

Frank... in all seriousness, let me repeat what Petra did and ask you to tell us what happend.

What was the project? How much money was involved.

If you want help with this situation, we can provide it. But only if we know what's going on.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
8 of 15

@Gerry S wrote:

Ok ... post a job for a "lawyer".

$5/hour hire me sir I sue the upworks sir with the highest quality sir I have 40 years expart experience sir plz hire me

prestonhunter
Community Guru
9 of 15

Awesome!

I was worried I wouldn't be able to afford to sue the $15.00 logo designer who made my logo the wrong color and caused my client's client to refuse to pay.

But with Jennifer on the job, I can take this to court.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
10 of 15

we sue 4 u

moneyback guarantee

I didn't think I'd get the job, so I dropped my price to $3/hour.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS