🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: SEO jobs prone to scams !
Page options
7bd0d548
Community Member

SEO jobs prone to scams !

I was cheated by **Edited for Community Guidelines** Mohan Kumar Khatri

I'm sure most of his reviews are fake self made.

This is what happened.

I needed SEO digital marketing works for our website.

1. He said will need few months till gain result, with condition of payments per month
2. After few months has passed, he told me to go and find another freelancer
3. So I don't get any result after those payments. Which is absolutely against upwork's policy.
4. He get away with this scams behavior because upwork dispute able money is ranged only 7 days. So only the last funded milestone can be refunded.

Please help me get my money back by anymeans

wasted months of my times + money

evil person !

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

how would we even trust this platform if upwork supports scammers ?

Upwork seems helping this guy scam and run of by removing his profile link and evidence

8 REPLIES 8
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ilham,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you had with your freelancer. 
Please keep in mind that we can't discuss or publish private details publicly in our Community as it is a violation of our Community Guidelines.

I checked your tickets and I can see that you`re communicating with our team directly there. If you have any additional questions feel free to post them on your ticket directly and our team will assist you further as soon as possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

the ticket was closed by upwork and I never got my money back and upwork helped this thief get away with the money by ending the contract after disputed is what worst happened here.

I already told not to end the contract, but upwork did it anyway, it's a very evil behavior

Hi Ilham,

I understand your frustration with this.

Our dispute team has closed the contract and issued a courtesy credit to your account for the same amount that the contract was funded for. 
Our dispute agent has also reached out to you with detailed instructions on your ticket with a number 
26937101. Our team is still waiting on your respond back directly there if you have any additional questions. 

Regarding your funds, Im checking with our team about this and once I have more details I will post an update here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

So for SEO works, he wont say can gives result after 1 month, neither will he worked for 6 months without payments.

How this should works then ????!??!?!? If I want to find another freelancer ??

Hi Ilham,

Escrow protects your deposit until the work is approved

Escrow is a neutral holding place where we put money aside until the project, or piece of the project, is done. The funds stay there until your freelancer or agency fulfills their obligations and you say you are satisfied those obligations are met and release them.

On Upwork, you deposit the funds for fixed-price jobs into escrow. Once the freelancer or the agency have completed their work they will submit a payment request. You will have 14 days to review their work and approve the payment or request for revisions. To learn more about Fixed Price contracts check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

This is what upwork support said :

So basically thiefs & scammers can pretend to work (while actually they're not working) with this SEO job and in the end they don't gives anything by just saying we've worked but couldn't get any result.

Upwork support said :

So for SEO works, he wont say can gives result after 1 month, neither will he worked for 6 months without payments.

Some people might say "SEO is a scam"... no matter who you hire.

It is not surprising that a client may encounter frustrations and disappointments in this area. It is not like buying a loaf of bread.

The problem you face is this: Upwork is not an SEO site.

Upwork has certain tools and procedures that are used generally.

You would like some guarantees and ways to pay freelancers that are very specific to SEO. But that is not part of the Upwork user interface.

Ultimately the only choices you have are these:

- use Upwork's existing feature set, although it doesn't offer you exactly what you would like to have

[or]
- use another method for hiring and paying for SEO work

Ilham B wrote:

I am not sure of what you are trying to say, but you should not expect results from SEO in just one month. Just because you did not get quick results it does not mean that freelancer was not working. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths