cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEO rate

Hamish R Member Since: Apr 8, 2016
1 of 10

Hi, can someone give me a rule of thumb idea as to what the going rate is for an expert in SEO would cost? The freelancer would also have to be an expert in WordPress as the domain is a fairly heavy duty EMD.

Hamish R
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 10

EMD doesn't matter anymore. An expert will cost you anywhere between $150 to $300/hour. Of course, an expert isn't going to bother with an EMD that is nothing more than an MFA, so the only way you can attract experts is to post your domain.

3 of 10

Thanks Jennifer

Hamish R
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
4 of 10

Depending on exactly what the relevancy is about and the competition, an EMD domain might be of benefit. There has always been some controversy about the effectiveness of exact match domains.

Jennifer wrote in part: "An expert [in SEO] will cost you anywhere between $150 to $300/hour." That's about my rate for SEO work...lol.... Of course, I am kidding. I typically charge anywhere from $38 to $54 per hour inclusive of fees. Still, there are some on Upwork that do quite well charging the higher rates for SEO work.

As far as MFA sites go, back in the day I used to make upwards of $800 per month per site. These days it is a lot harder to profit a lot from any type of ads, PPC, etc. Of course, it is all part of a good recipe for success.

BTW -- Hamish, it appears the your Upwork freelancer profile needs a little work.

Best of luck!

5 of 10

Thanks Ron.

Yes, I haven't spent any time at all on my profile as I figured as a client it wouldn't matter so much.

Cheers,

Hamish

The domain is: **Edited for Community Guidelines** and it ought to be on G.com P1.................but it ain't!

Hamish R
Community Guru
6 of 10

Although highly competitive, binary options is a great EMD (Not now. See posts below.). I suggest that you perform (or have performed) an SEO site audit in order to establish a baseline for an overall Internet marketing strategy.

Also, take a look at your physical robots.txt file, which reads:

User-agent: *
Disallow: /wp-includes/

User-Agent: Googlebot
Allow: .js
Allow: .css

User-Agent: ia_archiver
Disallow: /wp-login.php

If your Yoast SEO plugin is configured to create / maintain a virtual robots.txt, then, the physical robots.txt file should be deleted or renamed. See the Yoast site for more information.

Note: Due to the nature of this thread, I am not available for SEO work at this time.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
7 of 10

@Hamish R wrote:

Thanks Ron.

Yes, I haven't spent any time at all on my profile as I figured as a client it wouldn't matter so much.

Cheers,

Hamish

The domain is: **Edited for Community Guidelines** and it ought to be on G.com P1.................but it ain't!

ha I recognize this site from Webmaster Central.  lol

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

You claimed that you had a nseo campaign against you to which we told you will be ineffective and most people create their own "nseo" campaign when they buy links.

The type of stuff you're looking for is exactly why you keep seeing a fake nseo campaign against your site. 

You would do better to improve your content.

Community Guru
8 of 10

Jennifer, very observant!

ADDED: I just finished reading the commentary on Webmaster Central referenced by Jennifer. All things considered, I would dump the domain name and rethink the entire campaign. That EMD is dead....

9 of 10

Who said I keep seeing a nseo attack? I haven't had one for two years and to recover from that i just disavowed every domain linked to me and started again. And I have never bought a link.........

My content's pretty good. My SEO's crap!

Furthermore, Alexa have recently done an SEO site audit but of the 15 'critical' issues I haven't got a clue what five of them they mean. None of the issues were related to dodgy links.

The domain 'is dead'!

Gurus? LOL.

Hamish R
Community Guru
10 of 10

Oops! I wrote a reply to Hamish, but I forgot that the mods have been deleting URLs and other content. Seems like they deleted my entire post. My bad.... 

Hamish, regarding the EMD, there are two websites, one a .COM and another a .NET both using the same EMD.

Both have a poor history and other negative issues. Thus, I believe that the time and cost to salvage the .COM would exceed that needed to promote a new and better domain name -- all things considered, probably not an EMD.

The key question is how much revenue does the .COM EMD produce, and what is the ROI from the date of its inception and over the last 12 months?

Without having performed the research needed to confirm it, I suspect that the keyword phrase used for the EMD in two cases had been or is still used to promote an AdSense or similar campaign for the sole purpose of producing a revenue steam. Again, without having performed the research needed to confirm it, I suspect that one or both domains were previously used by someone else and purchased by the current owners. When purchasing domain names always perform a thorough history check.

I'll say one thing, those Mods sure are quick!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS