🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: SUGGESTION - FEEDBACK Clients profile sho...
Page options
arturo73
Community Member

SUGGESTION - FEEDBACK Clients profile should be mandatory

As a freelancer or a agency I MUST have a profile in wich I provide information about my activity , examples of my work, feedback from other clients, but also private information such as how much I earned so far.... If I am chatting with you by clicking in my picture you can see my profile with lot of relevant info.

But when it comes to clients, they dont don't have the obligation to filla profile and thats simply wrong

I've been working in upwork for several years and I clearly know there are a lot of super Crappy clients with no experience at all, and the freelancers should also have tools to evaluate and filter those clients

When clicking on a client's icon I should be able to know if this person really exists, what is the company website , how much they spent so far. see all the feedbacks they have ...etc etc

But none of that is possible . I have to deal with Ghost clients. people I dont even know if I can trust them or who they are or where they come from or what experience they have in the job they are supposed to be "correcting"

THis is a very unbalaced situation, the same way we can see freelancers profile. we should also be able to see clients profile and choose wheter we want to work with them or not

Not beeing able to evaluate clients . will harm upwork in teh long term

Am I the only one needing this?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Arturo,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. I already sent your suggestion to our team for consideration.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
joansands
Community Member

I really agree that we should know more about a potential client. I always feel I am completely blind when making a proposal. Sometimes the client turns out to be a good one, but sometimes they are terrible. I just had a case where I made a proposal, the unknown client was going to hire me, and then they decided to give the job to a freelancer who offered to do the work for free. Maybe that was a good thing for me, in that I found out the client would not be a good client to work for.

Thanks for your answer 
I feel freelancers control is AS important as CLIENTS control

Hi Arturo,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. I already sent your suggestion to our team for consideration.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

thanks a lot Aleksander little by little I see I am not the only one wanting to improve the quality of the our work in Upwork

petra_r
Community Member

Arturo C wrote:

When clicking on a client's icon I should be able to know if this person really exists, what is the company website ,

That is when literally hundreds and hundreds of freelancers call / email / fax the client's company directly. It happens all the time when a client is unwise enough to have even a hint of their identity on their job post...

Arturo C wrote:

When clicking on a client's icon I should be able to know if this person really exists, what is the company website , how much they spent so far. see all the feedbacks they have ...etc etc

You see all that on the job posting, and more.

about client.jpg

I think the problem is mostly with potential clients who are new and not verified - so there is almost no information about them. I have taken a chance with clients like that and it has usually turned out well, but not always. I don't know what the answer is for potential clients like that. I guess some people just stay away from them, but I would not have gotten some jobs if I was not willing to take a chance.

arturo73
Community Member

That is when literally hundreds and hundreds of freelancers call / email / fax the client's company directly. It happens all the time when a client is unwise enough to have even a hint of their identity on their job post...

Totally agree on that
But as a freelancer I must provide a lot of information
the clients on their side can be just spammers, scammers and no one cares? I dont think upwork doesnt care about that

Yes totally but sometimes the information is very little

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Am I the only one needing this?"

Given the fact that so many freelancers earn so much money without having the feature you are requesting, I must conclude that freelancers do not actually "need" this.

I work since 4 years in this platform I earn money and I am analysing things that could be improved so we can earn more money in a secure way and make the quality of the platform better and bigger

What do you do for a living? Maybe you don't need it because you do simple projects or very technical things. But not everybody is Preston H.  I guess

I m a CG artist and I do very complicated projects that can last several weeks or months and I can tell you that in my speciality 40 percent of the post related to my job are totally useless, posted by irresponsable people with unrealistic expectations that are giving no or very little information not only about who they are but also about the nature of the project. Not talking about this is NOT helping upwork

But at the same time freelancers have to provide a detailed profile

The same way a company chooses the freelancer, the freelancer chooses the company too

Thanks for trying to help anyway

From looking at some lists of freelancers on Upwork, it is amazing that there are people who are making tons of money. But most of the people I have seen are not making much at all. It seems that those who are doing really well are in the minority. However, I have also noticed people who have posted a couple of years ago saying how difficult it was for them to get jobs. When you look at those profiles today, some of them are doing really well. I guess the net-net is that one just has to keep trying. Nevertheless, it would help to know more about potential clients who don't have any information shown for them. There must be some way that Upwork could "verify" them without giving away too much.

Joan

I don`t know what you call a lot of money, but upwork is my primary income platform since a few years now

I agree on the fact that I needed 2 years to fully understand how to win the projects and most of my friends just tried a few offers and went away because they couldnt succeed

Well, a lot of money is all relative. To me, it would mean more than I need just to pay my bills.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths