cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUGGESTION TO ODESK

Cyrus C Member Since: Apr 21, 2015
1 of 3

I think Odesk should allow the freelancer to realease the files at each milestone to clients in  a secure location shared by the client and freelancer !  Somehting like the dropbox ,  but having a extra security that the files are with Odesk.

I had a problem with a developer that was not releasing the files! even though he was paid!

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 3

Hi Cyrus,

Thank you for your feedback. I understand that you would like to make sure you receive the files that you paid for. Fixed-price contracts on oDesk are designed to provide you with that security. When you create a fixed price offer, you will be asked to fund a milestone or full budget into Escrow. Once it's funded, the freelancer will start working on the project but you shouldn't release the funds from Escrow until the freelancer submits the work to you through the system (they have a way to attach files) and request payment.

Please, find more information about how fixed-price contracts with Escrow protection work in this help article.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Vitalij R Member Since: Nov 11, 2014
3 of 3

Hi, Cyrus C

I am also can recommend you use "ZeZebra torrent client" for transfer big files (about 1 Gb and more) directly between freelancer and client.

Sincerely, Vitalij - Top Rated brochure designer.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS