cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save, Decline, Shortlist and Archive Candidates - what are the differences ?

Highlighted
Mahesh K Member Since: Jan 28, 2017
1 of 10

1) What is the difference between Saved Candidates and Archived Candidates?  How should a Client use either?

2) After hiring a Candidate for a Job, is there any way to access previously Saved and Archived Candidates?

3) If a Candidate is Saved or Archived, and subsequently Declined, do they remain in the Saved or Archived Candidates list ?  If not, is there anyway to find them again ?

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 10

Hi Mahesh,

You can save freelancer profiles you liked if you would like to contact them later. You can always find their profiles under Freelances> My Freelancers> Saved:

Screenshot_28.png

You can archive a freelancer's proposal if you are not interested in hiring them for your job. You can still access their proposal by going to Jobs> My Jobs, clicking on the name of the job post (you may need to View all job postings if the job was awarded and closed) and click on Archived tab.

Screenshot_29.png

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Mahesh K Member Since: Jan 28, 2017
3 of 10

Thanks.  What happens to candidates who are Declined ?   What if they were Shortlisted or Archived or Saved before ?

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 10

Hi Mahesh,

Declined proposals are also sent to the Archived tab.

If they were shortlised before, they won't show up in the Review Proposals tab any more when this filter is used.

The freelancer's profile will still be displayed in the Saved folder on the My Freelancers page in case their proposal is declined.

If you decline a proposal which was archived before, it will still show up under the Archived tab in the declined applicants section.

Highlighted
Isaac R Member Since: Jul 4, 2017
5 of 10

What happens if I decline a candidate and then I decide that I actually do want to hire him? Is there any way to undo declining a candidate?

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
6 of 10

Hi Isaac,

In that case, you can send an offer directly to the declined freelancer by going to their profile and using the Hire Now button. There's no option to reverse the action once you decline a freelancer's proposal.

Highlighted
Patricia M Member Since: Jan 31, 2018
7 of 10

Do the freelancers know that I have archived them?  Are they notified?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
8 of 10

Hi Patricia,

Freelancers are able to see that their proposals have been archived.

~Nina
Highlighted
Patricia M Member Since: Jan 31, 2018
9 of 10

Thanks.  That contradicts what it says when I hover over the "archive" thumbs down - which says "the freelancer will not see that they have been archived".  I saw this just after submitting the question here - who is correct?  You, or the Upwork auto tag?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
10 of 10

Patricia,

I apologize for my previous answer, it is correct that the freelancer will not see that you have archived their proposal. However their proposal will show up as being archived on their end if you have declined their proposal or closed the job. Simply archiving the proposal on your end will not cause a notification to the freelancer. I apologize again for causing confusion with my original answer.

~Nina
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS