🐈
» Forums » Clients » Scam or fraud freelancer **
Page options
7c6f2f88
Community Member

Scam or fraud freelancer **

I hired a freelancer **Edited for Community Guidelines** given the first milestone and now he said he won't be able to work and blocked me how can I refund my money?
and he wasted my time too how can I report him?

please help me

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

1 REPLY 1
prestonhunter
Community Member

Mayur:

If you hired a freelancer using a fixed-price contract, then here is how you can get your money back:

Navigate to the contract listing, and click on the "three dots" icon. Choose the option to "close" or "cancel" or "end" the contract.

You will be given the opportunity to edit the amount of money in escrow and change how much money you want to release to the freelancer.

You may change this amount to zero. This means you want to send zero dollars to the freelancer.

This will cause a request to be sent to the freelancer, to ask him to authorize the refund.

He blocked you. That means that he does not want to pay any attention to you or this contract, and he will not receive messages from you.

Presumably this means that he will agree to the refund, or ignore the request.

If he does nothing at all - either because he never sees the refund request or because he willfully ignores it - then the refund request will be granted AUTOMATICALLY seven days after you close the contract. Then, within five business days, your money will be back in your funding account (returned to your credit card or PayPal account).

re: "how can I report him?"

You don't need to do anything else.

When you close the contract, you will have the opportunity to answer questions about the contract and/or leave feedback. That is the reporting.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths