cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammed by a freelancer

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
11 of 15

Linux, I'm not a client or a moderator so I'm not certain about this, but if you want an immediate refund, you may have to cancel the job. Otherwise, I would think the money will remain in escrow, so you can use it to hire a different freelancer for the same job. It's Sunday in US so there may not be any moderators reading this, but if there are, one of them can give you a more authoritative answer.

12 of 15

It's always a good idea to read about how a system works before entering your credit card information. As John said, the freelancer has no access to the funds you escrowed--but, you should have known how that worked before you starting shelling out money, don't you think?

Linux K Member Since: Jan 27, 2019
13 of 15

Tiffany I agree

I did read some few tips, everything was simple and through but I thought in case of withdraw money is back immediately and you can bid for another freelancer ... 

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
14 of 15

Linux, please read my earlier answer.

15 of 15

re: "I thought in case of withdraw money is back immediately and you can bid for another freelancer ... "

You can immediately hire another freelancer. There is no limitation on doing so.

When a fixed-price contract is cancelled, the money immediately begins is way back to your financial account. It takes 3 to 5 business days. YOU DON'T NEED TO DO ANYTHING. It is completely automatic.

As a I client, I have been through this many times.

But don't look for the money in your "Upwork wallet." That's not how it works. The money is refunded to your funding source.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS