cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scope of work has changed for fixed-price contract

Katrina B Member Since: Jul 15, 2015
1 of 6

Hi there,

The scope of work for my freelancer's current contract has changed and my client wants two pieces of work from the same contract, and to pay more, of course. How do I alter the fixed-price contract to pay more? Or is it easier to pay out the original contract and add a bonus for the second piece of work? Or do I have to create a second contract for the additional work?

Thanks,

Katrina

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 6

Thank you for your question, Katrina.

There are a few things you can do from the Job Details page if you want to pay additional amount to the freelancer:

1. You can click "Release Funds" next to existing funded milestone and then click "Edit amount"  on the next page. You will be able to put in more that's been funded.

2. You can create a new milestone and fund it once you release the existing one.

3. You can pay a bonus.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

~ Valeria
Untitled
3 of 6

Great, thank you!

4 of 6

Further to this:

I paid a bonus and then inadvertently added an extra monetary milestone to the same contract. I'm trying to end the contract and get the second milestone refunded but I can't seem to end the contract. Do you have to give feedback/fill out the entire end contract page in order to be able to end a contract? I couldn't end the contract last time either so maybe this is why.

Anyone?

Thanks,

Katrina

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 6

Hi Katrina,

Yes, in order to end the contract you'll need to choose whether you want to release the escrowed funds to the freelancer, pay different amount or have the money refunded to you (sounds like you want the third option). Additionally, you need to provide public and private feedback on the contract on the same page before clicking End Contract button.

~ Valeria
Untitled
6 of 6

OK, thanks! That explains why I couldn't end the contract last time. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS