🐈
» Forums » Clients » Search ONE message room?
Page options
cjcornell
Community Member

Search ONE message room?

Ironically - I tried searching upwork support and the community ,,, and I could't quite find a direct answer.

How can I search inside ONE message room ?

for instance - I wanted to search for something I wrote to one of my contractors about "hours"

I don't want to search all rooms and all discussions for "hours" ...

when I try to use the message room search ... the interaction does not show up!

but when I go into the room and scroll back 3 weeks, I can see the "hours" discussion

ANy idea how I can do an accurate (I'll settle for rudimentary at this point) search within 1 room?

(I tried to ask the support bot - boy upwork, what a waste of money on that feature : )

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi CJ,

When you use the search function on the left-hand panel in Messages, you'll get results from ALL messages. When you go to the "info" section of a specific message room and use the search function there, it'll pull the results from that room only. See the screenshot below. I hope this helps and let me know if your have any further questions. 

kochubei_valeria_0-1667234066319.png

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
williamtcooper
Community Member

Type the name of the person who started / owns the profile into the search Messages box and a short list will come back.

cjcornell
Community Member

I dont need to search for the person's name ... I need to search for a keyword within ONE room ...  so if I want to see where, FOR INSTANCE (and example .. just and example) I wanted to see where I recently mentioned to a particular freelancer about a "display function" ...  I don't want to see search results telling every time I mentioned those words with all freelancers since the beginning of time.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi CJ,

When you use the search function on the left-hand panel in Messages, you'll get results from ALL messages. When you go to the "info" section of a specific message room and use the search function there, it'll pull the results from that room only. See the screenshot below. I hope this helps and let me know if your have any further questions. 

kochubei_valeria_0-1667234066319.png

~ Valeria
Upwork
cjcornell
Community Member

Thank you!  I never saw it because the my sidebar was always showing one of the other categories.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths