🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Search freelancers filter: Timezone
Page options
mozzler-chris
Community Member

Search freelancers filter: Timezone

Hi,

There's a really obvious search filter missing. Only include freelancers within X (3?) hours of my timezone. I'm in Australia and have to go and manually choose a whole bunch of countries every time I search for freelancers to ensure I get people close to my timezone to work with.

This would be a huge time saver.

Cheers,

Chris

12 REPLIES 12
JoanneP

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your feedback. I'll be sure to share this with the team for consideration. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
964f26af
Community Member

Any updates on this? I'm having a similar problem

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Federico,

Unfortunately, we don't have any new information about this feature. We'll definitely let the Community know if anything changes.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
fe22f45c
Community Member

+1 more for this. I only care about the time zone candidates are in both when posting a job and when searching. It would make my life so much easier to add time zones options to the location filters.

Thanks!

joynul33
Community Member

1. When you post the job you can select the zone. You can select Asia, Australia, America etc. I think it will help a lot.
Joynul
f39beb1b
Community Member

Same here! Any updates?  I would even like to choose multiple time zones, as I travel.  We are launching in CST, EST would be even better for me time zone-wise, my home is in PST, but I'll be living in Europe for 6 months.  Need time zone search!!!  AND the ability to choose location.  For example, I would like to chose CST - but only Austin or Houston, TEXAS where our launch city is....anywhere in EST...and only Oregon or Washington for PST.

Please provide this option + flexibility and multiple selections

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Holly,

Thanks for your feedback, I'll be sure to share it with our team.

~ Bojan
Upwork
2c22daaf
Community Member

Yes please add this feature. I've searched for this feature many times over the years and even requested it once or twice. Cheers!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Clark, 

While we don't have a "Timezone" filter, we do have the location and the language filters you can also use while a timezone filter is not available. 

I'll be sure to sound off this suggestion again with the team to be considered. 

~ Avery
Upwork
a83b7a30
Community Member

Timezone is a critical feature for finding freelancers.  I can filter by location, but for large countries like Canada, that could mean a difference of 5 hours!  I can only imagine trying to sift through results in a larger country.

mdorticos
Community Member

We will need time zone filters in 2022!! Please!

2f43bfde
Community Member

It's been 4 years and this feature still isn't implemented? It's maybe 40 horus of engineering. Even a "West / East Hemisphere" option would be better than nothing. Throw us a bone would you? 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths