Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeing when a message is read

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
41 of 46

Hi Muhammad,

We aren't aware of any plans to add this feature. If anything changes in this area, we'll make sure to inform the Community.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
42 of 46

Muhammad A wrote:

Hi, Would like to know is there been any progress on the message seen. 

The vast majority of professional Upwork users are dead set against this.

b6ff2561
Ayesha M Member Since: Dec 13, 2020
43 of 46

I think This would be great. Because I, as a seller, keep on waiting for the reply of my client, (when we are discussing a project and order is not placed). And Sometimes, the client just ignores the message of the seller and hire someone else. If he saw our message, we will know that he doesn't want to hire us, or may need some more time to reply. 

I think Good clients should leave a message "that they hire someone else". Well, It would be good if you only introduce "message seen" But not the time when It was seen.

petra_r
Community Guru
44 of 46

Ayesha M wrote:

I think This would be great.

No. It wouldn't. Upwork asked us once if we would like that and the vast majority were quite rightly agaist it.

I set my profile so clients can't see if I am online or not too. I read a message as soon as it comes in, but I reply as soon as it fits into what I am doing, especially if the response requires more thought.

Ayesha M wrote:

Sometimes, the client just ignores the message of the seller and hire someone else. If he saw our message, we will know that he doesn't want to hire us, or may need some more time to reply. 

Someone you are being interviewed by is not "your" client.

If a client does not reply to you, forget all about it unless the client comes back.

deb-debashish
Debashish D Member Since: Jan 25, 2021
45 of 46

I don't see the ticks when i hover over the message

petra_r
Community Guru
46 of 46

Debashish D wrote:

I don't see the ticks when i hover over the message

No, of course you don't. They don't exist. The OP suggested such a function, we said "NOOOOOOOO!!!!" Upwork thankfully listened and never implemented it.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS