🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Send attachement to freelancer
Page options
c4df5857
Community Member

Send attachement to freelancer

Hello, i would like to send an attachement to a freelancer before hiring him, but i don't see the option. Is it even possible? Thanks for your help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Beaumont,

The freelancer would need to send you a proposal or respond to your invitation (if you sent it) in order to have a message room created between you two.

Also, clients who are members of Upwork Plus and Upwork Enterprise can choose to reach out to new talent with Direct Messages. Feel free to check out more information in this help article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Beaumont,

The freelancer would need to send you a proposal or respond to your invitation (if you sent it) in order to have a message room created between you two.

Also, clients who are members of Upwork Plus and Upwork Enterprise can choose to reach out to new talent with Direct Messages. Feel free to check out more information in this help article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

Beaumont:

This is easy to do.

I often provide files as part of my job posts. I do this in a way that is guaranteed to work and which does not violate any Upwork rules.

When I want to provide a file as part of a job post, I put the file in a web directory, not connected with anything else. Then I provide a link to the file in the job post itself. There is no contact information available, but everyone who views the job post is able to download the file if they want to.

Thank you for your replies. It would be more practical for new users if there was a message saying "you can send attachements after the freelancer replies to you".

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing your feedback, Beaumont. We'll make sure to share it with the team for their consideration. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths