🐈
» Forums » Clients » Send payment to Freelancer on the 1st day of ...
Page options
md-mobashir
Community Member

Send payment to Freelancer on the 1st day of month

Hi.

I have a client, who gives me small tasks every day. Now he wants to pay me at the first day of each month. He does not want to open different projects for every small task. Is there any way where I will work for him and after every month payment will automatically transfer into my account?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
adcf48a8
Community Member

No! The client can decide to hire you for a certain number of hours each month and create a fixed price contract. Then they approve it after every month.

Do not work for free for a whole month, expecting them to pay you on the 1st of next month. Make sure they put money in escrow before you do work for them!

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I have a client, who gives me small tasks every day. Now he wants to pay me at the first day of each month. He does not want to open different projects for every small task. Is there any way where I will work for him and after every month payment will automatically transfer into my account?"

Yes.
There are ways that the client can accomplish his goals:

- minimize the number of payments he makes

- avoid creating different projects for every small task

Here are two alternatives:

a) Client creates an hourly contract. You can use that same contract to log time for all of the work that you do on behalf of the client. You can do 100 different tasks, and there is still only one contract.

b) Client sets up a simple fixed-price contract, but does NOT set up individual milestones for each task. Instead, on the first day of the month, the client uses the client-side "Pay Bonus" tool to fund as much money as is likely to be needed for the tasks in the coming month. Then you keep track of your charges and fees. If the money runs out, then you stop working until the client adds a new bonus payment, or you wait until the beginning of the next month when the client makes another bonus payment.

Should YOU (as a freelancer) agree to just do a bunch of work for a month and let the client pay you for that work at the end of the month?
No. Absolutely not. That makes no sense. That is not how Upwork is designed to be used. If you did that, the client could decide to simply not pay you, and Upwork would do nothing about it.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths