🐈
» Forums » Clients » Setup a contract without salary
Page options
32e9de2d
Community Member

Setup a contract without salary

I got charged extra $312 for a "weekly salary" which was not in the contract. I setup the contract without clicking on anything extra. I can't find customer support, not even sure why I am using upwork with horrible customer service.

I understand I can end the contract and setup a "new" contract when I do that it is the SAME as I set up the first time. I have read through several threads and I am not clicking on anything that would enable the salary.

How can I fix this issue? Because upwork obviously can't help and I won't be using them ever again. 

2 REPLIES 2
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tony,

The reason why you see charge is because you added a Recurring Weekly Payment ("Salary") on the contract when you have sent the offer to the freelancer. Salary means that the freelancer will get paid weekly even if they don't track any time. 

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Tony M wrote:

I understand I can end the contract and setup a "new" contract when I do that it is the SAME as I set up the first time. I have read through several threads and I am not clicking on anything that would enable the salary.

Yes you did. It doesn't add itself.

When you created the offer, you clicked on Advanced Options and entered a number.

weekly payment.png

Oh and Upwork, get the help text fixed.... "In additional" is not a thing.

in additional.png

Latest Articles
Learning Paths