cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing Instagram Account Login/Access with Freelancers

Patrick M Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
1 of 4

Hey there Smiley Very Happy

I'm looking for a freelancer to outsourch some tasks for my Instagram Account like gaining followers, interaction etc…

How do you guys give access to potential freelancers on Instagram? I do not really have a good feeling by giving someone I do not personally know such important logins. If someone change the PW my Account will be gone from one second to another.

How do you handle this situation?

Lokking forward to your help.

THANKS a lot and all the best from Austria!

Patirck<

Community Guru
Samantha S Member Since: Jun 23, 2016
2 of 4

I do some social media management. Is your Instagram account a business account? Facebook manages business accounts similar to how they manage Facebook pages (which is different from personal profiles):

https://www.facebook.com/business/help/218638451837962?helpref=related

For a personal Instagram account: You can reset the password via your associated email address. Just don't give the freelancer access to that email or set up a Google at work type email for them that you maintain administrative control over. For some channels, you can get around the issue by using scheduling software and making the freelancer a user on your account (usually for a subscription fee). I haven't seen that as much with Instagram, but you may be able to work with something like Tailwind. (I personally use it for Pinterest, but haven't tried their new Instagram scheduling service yet). 

I just wanted to add that I know it is hard to trust a new freelancer. In an ideal world, you should not hire someone to post to your social media accounts that you can't trust with a password. By giving them the ability to post in your business name you are already entrusting them with your reputation. But it is important to maintain ownership and a way to log in your account in case something happens like an accident or illness. 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 4

There are a few things you can do to minimise risk:

• First and foremost hire someone with a long and excellent history on Upwork, such freelancers tend to not want to risk their Upwork account.
  • Change to password to something arbitrary before giving it to the freelancer, make sure it is a password you don't use anywhere else, and change it again the minute the contract ends or if you have any concerns.
  • Communicate clearly with your freelancer(s), treat them as valuable members of your team, and they will not have any reason to get up to any nonsense provided you have chosen the right people.
Alex K Member Since: Jan 23, 2019
4 of 4

I carefully followed the instruction on the Facebook link you referenced, unfortunately it doesn't work. It only allows ads to be posted. It doesn't give access for another person or agency to post photos or comments. I tried using Facebook Business Manager but it doesn't let me connect to my Instagram account, the tool must be in working progress and buggy. As of today 1/23/19 this appears to be the only way:

www.megalytic.com/blog/how-to-share-instagram-access-with-your-agency

You want your agency to create content and post directly to your feed…you will need to share your company's Instagram account password with your agency or else give them access through a third-party tool like Hootsuite or Buffer.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS