cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I report this freelancer?

Community Guru
Daniel C Member Since: Nov 21, 2010
21 of 26

I've found that it works better to prompt the client rather than just telling them to contact you.  So I would never really give out my Skype username until after they've replied to my proposal.

I usually prompt them with a question that requires a response.  That way I can start a dialog with the client where I know that I can sell them my services.  At that point I will give them my Skype so we can continue our discussion.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
22 of 26

@Daniel C wrote:

9 out of 10 proposals look like off the shelf spam.  I wish that I had a better pool to choose from.  I'm going to wait a day before I make my decision.

lol so true. That's why I don't bother worrying about the number of bidders. The only downside to it is that it probably annoys decent customers.

90% of bidders aren't my competition.

I think if it was me, I'd probably just LOL and know that the guy will never get work

Community Guru
Daniel C Member Since: Nov 21, 2010
23 of 26

Haha, I agree Jennifer!  I don't really consider anyone else to be my competition when I bid.  Either they are looking for me, or they are looking for everyone else.  It's the blue ocean strategy; you make the competition irrelevant.

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
24 of 26

"Among Top 20 Best Designers in ODESK" is an anachronism

Spoiler
They should at least change that to UPWORK.
25 of 26

re: "Please enlighten me, why isn't it good to give them yours?"

There is nothing wrong with giving people your Skype ID.

This is just a personal preference.

I don't like using Skype and if I am hiring an artist I certainly don't need her to pester me on Skype. I just need the work turned in.

Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
26 of 26

My own experience of giving Skype id's was that it kept turning itself on and telling me lhings like what colour underpants some other contact of that client was wearing and when that client was online...and all that just for a job application.  I got rid of Skype cos it seems to think it has control of your life. Faults and all, old messaging system does the job- at least at the start.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS