🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Significance of freelancer's name is high...
Page options
12901bac
Community Member

Significance of freelancer's name is highlighted in green or yellow dot by the picture?

i'm a client and one of the freelancer's name is highlighted in green. 

And one has a yellow dot next to her image?

Does this have any significance?

8 REPLIES 8
cupidmedia
Community Member

It might help if you clarify what page you're on.

If you're talking about your messages page, the freelancer with their name highlighted in green is the one whose message room you're currently viewing. A freelancer with a yellow dot next to their name means they're online but not active in the window right now (a green dot means they're active).

If you're talking about the freelancer search page, then the green highlighted name represents the freelancer your mouse is currently pointing at. The  yellow/green dots mean the same thing.

If you're talking about some other page, maybe provide some more info (or maybe a mod will come along and give you more anyway).

melaniemaghanoy
Community Member

Hi GM,

Jennifer is right, but to further clarify and assist you, a member of our team will reach out to you shortly.

mtngigi
Community Member

G M,

Just to clarify - if you hover your mouse over the dot, it will indicate the status/what the colors mean ... i.e. offline, online, away.

Wow! Perfect. Thanks for the post as well as responses. Really helpful!

This is really clarifying... What does "Away" mean?

I hover and it the tooltip shows "Away". What does that mean?

According to the freelancer's work diary, he is working, i.e. charging us hours over hours, but his dot is yellow, i.e. Away. Is he working or sleeping?

Away? It doesn't mean anything. Ignore it.

Andy O wrote:

This is really clarifying... What does "Away" mean?

I hover and it the tooltip shows "Away". What does that mean?

According to the freelancer's work diary, he is working, i.e. charging us hours over hours, but his dot is yellow, i.e. Away. Is he working or sleeping?

It means the person is on the computer doing something and logged into Upwork, but not actually in their Upwork account. Presumably you want them at their computer, working, rather than on their Upwork account, looking for their next gig?

Such situations are why mine is switched off. My dot is grey and my clients don't have to worry about a dot.

366b0121
Community Member

Grey - not logged in or set to invisible

Green - set visible and online

Yellow - online but not available to communicate

Latest Articles
Learning Paths