🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Simple report on who I have spent money w...
Page options
d7b9a34f
Community Member

Simple report on who I have spent money with

I am going to start looking at other sites instead of Upwork. I spent $600 last week and all I want to see is with WHICH freenlancer in one place. It seems each time I click on a report, it says I should upgrade. I am NOT going to upgrade just to see where I have spent money. Am I missing something? One report, One place to see each spend against a Freelancer?  I tried to find a way to contact Upwork direct and that's another challenge   - another reason to start moving off the platform, I feel. If anyone can tell me I am not in the right place in UPWORK to see this info, I'd be grateful, but right now, I am at the end of my tether.

4 REPLIES 4
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Peter, 

I'm sorry to learn your sentiment about this change. As part of the Client Basic plan you have access to several reports:

• Transaction report. This gives you a detailed view of all your Upwork transactions. 
  • Freelancer work diaries. Visit the Contract Room for any project to see a freelancer’s Work Diary.
  • Weekly Summary email. Account admins will get this weekly email report, which includes details such as the hours logged by your freelancer(s).

To check your transactions, please hover your mouse over the “Reports” tab and then click on “Transactions.” 

While the Work Diary no longer appears in your Reports tab, you still have access to view it and all contract details on a contract-by-contract basis in the Contract Room. You can access the Contract Room from two places: My Jobs>Contracts for active contracts or Jobs>All Contracts.

The Weekly Summary email will be sent to you every week as a report. Let us know if you have other questions, or if we can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
130aef36
Community Member

This change is a terrible idea. I don't want to sift thrgouh emails to find who I'm paying what to.

I don't want to go to a freelancer's diary and look at their hours on a one-day-per-window basis.

We're already paying Upwork a portion of every dollar we spend. I'm amazed that you want to gouge occassional users like me for $50 a month for the simple reports that were available when we signed up with you.

I cry "foul"!

Erick M wrote:

This change is a terrible idea. I don't want to sift thrgouh emails to find who I'm paying what to.

I don't want to go to a freelancer's diary and look at their hours on a one-day-per-window basis.

We're already paying Upwork a portion of every dollar we spend. I'm amazed that you want to gouge occassional users like me for $50 a month for the simple reports that were available when we signed up with you.

I cry "foul"!

You're not alone, Erick. A lot of clients are upset about features being taken away in order to promote a monthly upgrade that is a poor fit for many's business models. The super-limited new version seems to have been intentionally designed to make using Upwork so aggravating that anyone small enough not to find a $50 monthly account worthwhile will leave.

d7b9a34f
Community Member

Avery, good morning - thank you for taking the time to reply. I don't think this is the answer. 

I have 3 x Upworkers working for me on different projects, and adding manual time. So when I go to the TRANSACTONS and try and drill down, it does not show me the make up of the invoice. 

This is really a difficult situation and I'm REALLY pissed. I spent another $215 last week and I cannot see against which upworker, quickly and easily. It's a joke.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths