🐈
» Forums » Clients » Site that made for me already in index with o...
Page options
e41ccae7
Community Member

Site that made for me already in index with other domain

IT'S NOT ABUSE!

Hi everyone, I got into an unpleasant situation. I gave the technical task to the sites developer, I didn't  give a layout, there was a texting spelling structure. After the delivery, I accepted the site, the person did everything as we requested, but after we launched it in the index, we had problems with Google's indexing of our site, after which we found that it was exactly such a **Edited for Community Guidelines** already on the Internet and it was in the index . I found related article, but I didn't seen right answer there:https://community.upwork.com/t5/Clients/An-freelancer-stole-all-my-website-files-after-i-paid-for-th.... Tell me how to be right, can I then request to redo the work, or is it my fault that I did not indicate that the site should be unique? Communication with the performer has reached a dead end, he said that he does not know anything about the site that already exists.

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Marcus,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you had. Our team will reach out to you via ticket and email to assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I do not consciously write from my account, because I understand that touching such a topic I can harm both my account and the developer account, the question is more philosophical or human, I can’t say that the developer didn’t complete the task or deceived me, he fulfilled and correctly answered all questions or comments. If we come to some small collective that in this case, many redo the work - I’m sure there will be enough links to this thread so that the performer redo the task, this is not a problem. I would like to hear the opinions of people from the community who have fallen into the same situations and how they are avoiding them now. Thanks for your reply!

Latest Articles
Learning Paths