cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow freelancers?

Highlighted
Thomas Z Member Since: Nov 22, 2013
1 of 5
I have never used odesk before but I feel my freelancer is very slow and I wonder if thats normal or not. Basically when I message him, he won't get back to me until few days or a week later and its been nearly 3 months since I asked him to make a website for me. The site is 60% finished imo. Is this normaly?
Highlighted
Community Guru
Bojana D Member Since: May 2, 2011
2 of 5
Well generally it depends on the arrangement you two have, but I'd say a week is pretty slow. Try to talk the issue through with the freelancer and let him know that this shedule is not working for you. While it does take me 3-4 days to finish a task in the queue when I'm overbooked, I always message my clients in 24 hours of their message, let them know my schedule beforehand, and when to expect the deliverables. Talk it through - it's been like this for quite some time, so he might be thinking that it's OK with you if you haven't objected so far.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
3 of 5
not replying for a few days to a week shows bad communication skills and bad time management. A contractor (or a client) should respond within one day of the message, no matter if they can do something asap or not. It boils down to professionalism and etiquette. I'm a contractor but I happily end contracts with lazy clients Smiley Tongue In my book, bad communication and bad time management = awful work enviroment

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
Highlighted
matthew i Member Since: Dec 11, 2010
4 of 5
Simple way to do this - when hiring set rules and agreements. Time's he will work and deadlines, he starts to slip up - fire him and move on. Don't pay upfront fee's ever, this gives the freelancer way to much control. You'll than be forced to stick it out and get work done if at all on his terms, instead of yours.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Margaret P Member Since: Jul 7, 2007
5 of 5
This is extremely unprofessional. You need to make sure you have all the work he has done to date in your possession and that it is working. Then tell him you want the rest done by a certain date or you will find someone new and he will not like his feedback. Be honest with him that he is not communicating and going way too slow. Give him deadlines. In the meantime, look for someone new to finish it up if he does not respond.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS