🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: So live chat support has completely gone ...
Page options
9c37ee5f
Community Member

So live chat support has completely gone now?

Paying for premium service as a client , not getting basic features i need.

Upwork Plus Client

The chat bot is no good, useless

14 REPLIES 14
AndreaG

Hi Daniel,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble contacting support. Could you please let us know what seems to be the issue? We'll be happy to assist you here or refer you to the team that can.

~Andrea
Upwork
9c37ee5f
Community Member

theres no live chat anymore i cant get the support i need its just  a bot

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Daniel,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to look into this issue and assist you with any other concerns you might have.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

re: "theres no live chat anymore i cant get the support i need its just a bot"

The availability of various methods for receiving support varies depending on available resources, time of day, day of the week, holiday, current traffic, status of the person looking for help, etc.

Not every method of receiving support is available to all people at all times.

ive never had any issue with the time of day on availbity before. Also ive tried all day same result

Like the DMV only worse.

Not having a live support is really strange. I completed two project on upworks. My pay out billing does not match up with the work that I have done. It's called lifetime billing. My client said he already paid but I don't see it on my balance. Contact customer service, yet that robot does not understand a single thing. - Once I get paid, I will probably not use Upwork again. There is not much of a benefit as a freelancer that I can see. Seems like the 20 % commission is taken out on the front-end while the freelancer has to wait. Not really fair!

re: "Contact customer service, yet that robot does not understand a single thing."

I do not believe it is realistic or practical to use the chatbot.

It also seems unlikely or unrealistic to try to contact customer support through live chat.

Frank: You have questions about Upwork. Your questions seem like questions that can be easily answred in the Community Forum.

re: "My pay out billing does not match up with the work that I have done. It's called lifetime billing. My client said he already paid but I don't see it on my balance."

I definltely looking elsewhere to confirm payments. Don't look in lifetime billing.
Look for transaction records.

The best practice for freelancers is to explore the various repoting tools. Understand where payments are displayed and recorded, and never ask clients about this. Because clients are likely to not be familiar with a freelancer's user interface.

A client is likely to have ACCURATE information from their end showing that they have paid a freelancer. They don't really want to be pestered about payments from a freelancer who has already been paid, when the overwhelming majority of the freelancers they hire don't ask such questions.

Hi Frank,

I would be happy to help. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thanks Nikola - and I am sorry if I went on a rampage about that. It was just one of a few issues I had. The billing did not match up with the lifetime earnings and it is to be honest a little frustrating when you deal with a bot support chat that does not get you the answers you are looking for. Then I had a "future client" on upwork trying to bypass your system while offering a gig directly and I started to feel very uncomfortable even having my information publicly on upwork. - Would have felt better if I could have chatted with a live agent. It was not the first time that I encountered a "questionable future client" - That worries me a bit. 

md_borhanus
Community Member

Live chat should be available as I don't want to waste a day or two waiting around to solve my issues. Disaster system

re: "Live chat should be available as I don't want to waste a day or two waiting around to solve my issues. Disaster system"

I don't think you should count on live chat being available.

But people participate in the Community Forum seven days a week, 24 hours a day.

If you have a question or problem, I recommend you post your question here.

b2658b36
Community Member

Unbelievable! I won´t be using upwork again

nitinbhatnagar
Community Member

Hey Upwork,

We are really facing a lot of issues and delays due to Bot replies, also it is not even replied in a better way as it is a BOT. 

I request the Upwork to start the live chat option again. 

I really don't understand why they have kicked Off this brilliant service

Latest Articles
Learning Paths