🐈
» Forums » Clients » So many non-active freelancers - Give us back...
Page options
peter_bangkok
Community Member

So many non-active freelancers - Give us back the "Last activity date"

Hi,

One spend countless of hours looking for a freelancer to find the person non-active. Why so many non-active freelancers? Atleast give us back the "Last activity date" so we can filter based on it.

10 REPLIES 10
sjbercot
Community Member

Hey Peter, when you say freelancers are "non-active," what do you mean exactly? They don't reply to your invitation? Or something else?

Hi Sarah,

I had made an alert about this unfolding situation in the ticket (Request # 29579617 from which they removed the beginning of my exhibition) at the time when they removed the credits that UpWork offered. It seems logical and inevitable that if the beginners fail to support the range of freelancers will be reduced in quantity and mainly in quality. Now with this idea of blocking the account if the job is not attractive, it is demonstrated that they are on the way to reducing quality in offers.
Believe in natural selection, you cannot substitute for it!

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Peter,

To follow up on Sarah's question, could you please provide more details about the specific experience you're referring to and possibly send me a private message with screenshots, so I could take a look and advise? You can send me a private message by selecting my name > selecting the Messages button.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi Sarah and Vladimir,

They don't reply nor decline invitations. You should have mandatory enforcement to decline or accept an invitation. Freelancer's account should become dormant if failing to do so.  

Also give us back the "last active" filter function that we had before.

I have no specific screenshots right now, I'm just saying, you should have a system that sorts out non-active freelancers as they are piling up by time. Up to half of all ny invites do not decline or accept.

/Peter

Thanks for clarifying Peter. Upwork already has something similar fyi, when you look at a freelancer's profile under Availability, you can see whether or not they answer invitations in under 24 hours on average. That can indicate whether a freelancer is active when it comes to responding to invitations, so it would be a good metric to pay attention to. 

Hi Sarah, Availability status is okay, but most freelancers have no response status at all, only the most attractive ones have. Before we clients could sort search results based on when freelance was aktiv, up to 2 month.

Yeah, that is the reason you should stop wasting time (money) and hire "the most attractive ones". Of course, they also tend to have higher rates compared to the "not active ones". 😄

That might be true, but sometimes such an option is not available when requesting knowledge in unusual matters.

A freelancer who fails to respond to your invite is not necessarily inactive. They may have so much work that responding to your invite isn't a priority to them, just like most clients only respond to the proposals they like.

Amanda,

Clicking on a "Decline invite" button might be a bit complicated and time consuming for some, but for most others, it should be a fairly quick and simple task to accomplish. And it is also an act of politeness and decency, needless to say.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths