cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solicit Bids Without Setting Rate?

Travis P Member Since: Aug 28, 2017
1 of 3

I want freelancers to bid on my job.  How can I post a job without an hourly or flat rate?

Thank you for your time!

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
2 of 3

I think you have to specify one or the other, but you can set a low amount as a place holder. Once you start interviewing, you and your freelancer can then decide whether the job will be fixed-rate or hourly.

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
BEST ANSWER
3 of 3

When you post a job as hourly, you don't specify a rate--only whether you are looking for a Beginner, Intermediate or Expert-level freelancer (which, of course, has some general rate expectations associated with it). 

Some clients post that way but note in their postings that they are open to or are looking to convert to a flat-rate arrangement.

For a fixed-price job, as Nichola said, you can include a random number with a note in your posting that it is only a placeholder and freelancers should disregard it and bid appropriate rates. You may not, however, want to employ the common practice of making your placeholder $5, since many freelancers filter out or automatically bypass jobs with such low rates and may never see your note that it is only a placeholder.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS