🐈
» Forums » Clients » Someone probably using fake credentials on Up...
Page options
095f20b1
Community Member

Someone probably using fake credentials on UpWork.

I was looking to hire an English copywriter on UpWork, but this non-native English speaker is using a U.S. identity and is claiming to have a Bachelor's degree in English from the University of Toronto and a Master's degree in linguistics from the University of Waterloo.

**Edited for Community Guidelines** 

This is the profile. The sample articles use worthless English, and has errors that not even a high school native English writer would make. A native English speaker would never write like that. I invited him to one of my jobs, and he said he could not provide any proof of his credentials. 

He already scammed someone I know, by providing her worthless writings.

Please investigate this immediately. Thanks

Please contact me at my profile's e-mail so I can provide proof that he completely failed this interview that I did with him on English grammar and punctuation, and he also said he has no proof of his academic credentials.  

4 REPLIES 4
095f20b1
Community Member

I don't care really about his credentials, or where he's from, but clients buying his work are misled into thinking they are buying writing from a native English writer who completed a rigorous bachelor's and master's degree program in English + linguistics, when he clearly did not.

095f20b1
Community Member

I just confronted him about his degree. So I provide a screenshot in case he gets rid of the false credentials he was advertising.

Hi Woo,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with this freelancer. I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
095f20b1
Community Member

Wow! Thank you for your fast response! 

No problem. I replied with additional details in the support ticket. 

Have a wonderful day. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths