🐈
» Forums » Clients » Status Notifications (for service disruptions...
Page options
vipvideo
Community Member

Status Notifications (for service disruptions and such)

I receive so many emails with the subject line "Status Notification" that tell me about every partial service disruption (and every time it's taken care of) and I really don't need to know about these things, but I can't seem to unsubsribe from the emails. There is a Manage Subscription link at the bottom of the email, but it just gives me options to unsuscribe from things I would actually like to receive emails about, like things that actually have to do with my account specifically (messages, payments, etc). How do I unsubscribe just from status notifications that have to do with operational issues on the platform? I don't have any projects going right now so it's really annoying to receive these emails.

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Josh,

On the manage subscription page, you can unsubscribe only from notifications about incidents related to those areas of the site. That page will not unsubscribe you from your Upwork account-related notifications. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
alejandrg
Community Member

Thank you for the explanation.

I also was confused by this subscription manager just like the original poster. And I also thought that it means that I will unsubscribe from Upwork notifications like proposal emails etc, not just from service disruptions/service operational notifications.

Because of this confusion I didn't unsubscribe for several months. But now I decided to search for help and found this thread.

It could be great to add this explanation to the subscription manager to not confuse another users which might not find this thread and will suffer from excessive amount of status notifications. 

Hi Aliaksandr,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the unsubscribe page. I'll pass it to our team for review.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths