🐈
» Forums » Clients » Stop messages from agency that applied for wo...
Page options
3aba0735
Community Member

Stop messages from agency that applied for work

I created a job and interviewed a few agencies, one of the agencies was not succesful but I can't close the messages from them. I have read through other posts and see I can't close the message room, just hide it. But this means the other member is still there and can add people to the room, who then message me pitching their business.

How can I either:
- remove the privileges of the other person remaining in the room (they are at invitation stage, so they are not shown in 'members & permissions in settings)
- remove all members of the group (there is one remaining I cannot remove)
- close the messages permenantly to stop this

Banning doesn't work, as they can add more people to the group. I also don't want to ban them, as I may ask for interviews for further work in future. I just don't want them pitching me via Upwork, Linkedin and email!!! 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jr-translation
Community Member

Phil T wrote:

I created a job and interviewed a few agencies, one of the agencies was not succesful but I can't close the messages from them. I have read through other posts and see I can't close the message room, just hide it. But this means the other member is still there and can add people to the room, who then message me pitching their business.

How can I either:
- remove the privileges of the other person remaining in the room (they are at invitation stage, so they are not shown in 'members & permissions in settings)

Banning doesn't work, as they can add more people to the group. I also don't want to ban them, as I may ask for interviews for further work in future. I just don't want them pitching me via Upwork, Linkedin and email!!! 

They are violating the ToS when messaging you not only multiple time on Upwork but also outside. It has been discussed here. Trust me, you do not want to work with any member of that agency if they fail to understand the meaning of "I message you if I have atask for you."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Phil,

Our team reached out to you via ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this Link. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
jr-translation
Community Member

Phil T wrote:

How can I either:

They are violating the ToS when messaging you not only multiple time on Upwork but also outside. It has been discussed here. Trust me, you do not want to work with any member of that agency if they fail to understand the meaning of "I message you if I have atask for you."

Latest Articles
Learning Paths