cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop paying freelancer

Charlotte O Member Since: Jul 15, 2015
1 of 6

how do I stop paying when the job is finished but the freelancer keeps writing. It was an open ended project.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 6

You should first talk to the freelancer that the project is done and that you have what you need. Then you can close the contract. 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 6

@Charlotte O wrote:

how do I stop paying when the job is finished but the freelancer keeps writing. It was an open ended project.

Pause the contract and discuss with the freelancer why they keep doing something when the original job was done. Alternatively you could end the contract but pausing it will stop any further hours being logged and give you a chance to explain to the freelancer what is going on.

Communication is everything Smiley Wink

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
4 of 6

If it was an 'open ended' project, the freelancer could be forgiven for believing that.  It is better to set the ground rules a little more explicitly.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 6

In addition to your ability to pause a contract, don't forget that you can close a contract entirely.

At any time, for any reason.

If you have an hourly contract with a contractor, and you no longer need the contractor's services, then simply thank them for their work, and close the contract. It's very simple.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6 of 6

I often have clients close contracts I'm working on when they don't need anything else.

And then they open up a new contract when the new more work done. It's not a big deal.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS