cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling with the switch from Elance

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
11 of 14

Hi Andrew and thanks for posting from a client perspective. I can do nothing but agree with every statement you made and appluad you in the process. 

The freelancers you used and want to rehire could well be in the same quagmire as many of us. We moved our profiles but have marked ourselves as Not Available simply because the system is a nightmare compared to eLance.

If you know personal emails on your preferred people get hold of them that way. Explain the job and get a quote - and then post an Invitation ONLY job for the individual.  I believe invite only jobs were carried over. 

If the contractor is averse to moving to UpWork reactivate an old job on eLance with him/her and add a milestone for the new job.

As far as not being able to search for freelancers - I wish I could say I was shocked. 

Good luck to you and your team!

Benjamin B Member Since: Nov 17, 2015
12 of 14

You could try looking for an agency. My agency has a little bit of everything in it. 

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
13 of 14

@Andrew L wrote:

I agree 100%.

I can't even find a menu option for "Search for Freelancers!"  

You click on the Tab-Freelancers

You click on the Tab - Search for Freelancers. Type in name.

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Benjamin B Member Since: Nov 17, 2015
14 of 14

The freelancer can overbid the job if they thik that it's not worth what your asking. I do this with alot of projects that are priced way too low. Hope this helps.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS