🐈
» Forums » Clients » Subscribed as Client istead of Freelencer
Page options
a29eea6d
Community Member

Subscribed as Client istead of Freelencer

I am freelancer and I just subscribed to upwork, however I made a mistake: I subscribed as client. Can I convert my account to freelancer or delete and recreate it as freelancer?

I don't want to conserve this account as client.

2 REPLIES 2
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Riccardo,

You can be both a client and a freelancer on Upwork. To create a freelancer's account, please go to Settings > My Info and click on the 'Create New Account' button. On the popup, select 'New Freelancer Account' and fill out the application. Once set up, use the account menu at the top-right of your screen to switch between using Upwork as a client o a freelancer. After doing that, you can also choose to close your client's account by following the steps outlined in this help article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
kinector
Community Member

Riccardo, you don't need to convert or delete your client account, it's very handy to keep it even if you're mainly doing work as a freelancer!

Since it seems you are new to Upwork (a big welcome BTW!), I'd recommend you first hire a couple of people to do whatever small tasks you might have just to see how the system works.

Acting as a client first will help you to:
- Optimize your profile.
- Figure out how write proposals that get replied to.
- Understand how to get a project going with a friendly but to-the-point text chat.
- See how the interview process works so you can ace it yourself.
- Fully understand how the payments are made (and please hire some with hourly and some with fixed-price deals).

My advice: spend a little money first. You'll save so much trouble during the first months of being an Upwork freelancer! 😉
Latest Articles
Learning Paths