🐈
» Forums » Clients » Suddenly no response from Freelancer company
Page options
977a2288
Community Member

Suddenly no response from Freelancer company

Hi guys ...

We have been doing business with **Edited for Community Guidelines**for a mobile app, for quite some time, and it was been growing step by step. We have a fixed contract and already transferred around 90% (equals > 10'000 USD) of the overall ammount. 

Now we wanted to rollout the first versoin on our own servers ... and suddenly we get no feedback from them since 2 weeks. Actually its around 2 month at the moment, but they showed some signs of life for a short time "we get back to you shortly"... without any action though ...

It is so sad, since the project is nearly finished ... but now ... it feels like a strike. Our main communication is through skype ... but as mentioned ... no feedback at all. 

I wonder also why, because we are dealing with a freelancer company - who is rated quite good here.

What would you recommend to do?

Is there a way to give out a "warning" / or request for action through upwork?

We certainly want to finish the project ... but how can we do that without any feedabck from their side. 

It is possible to hand over an unfinished project to another feelancer?

Since it is hard to judge the quality of the code (lets consider the project as a prototype) - I do not know if that would be such an easy task.

Kind regards

Marcel

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Marcel,

Our team can reach out to the agency or freelancer and remind them to respond on your messages about the job. One of our customer support agents will reach out to you, where you can share more private details about this so that we can assist you further. 

Regarding your last question, since the freelancer/s have already been paid for the work delivered you can hire another freelancer to finish the app. If you have any additional questions feel free to post them here, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, we did not pay them 100% yet - the contract is actually still running.

But we lost a lot of confidence over the last past few month that they will deliver ... thats why we want to check the possibility to shift the remaining ammount to another contractor?

Hi Marcel,

I understand your concern and unfortunately since I don`t know all of the details, I can`t advise you accordingly. Please share more details about this on your ticket and our team will assist you further with this as well. You can access your tickets on this Link, our team is waiting on your respond there. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths