cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly stopped receiving applications for my jobs?

Rhysaja S Member Since: Oct 13, 2015
1 of 5

Previously I was getting a decent amount of applicants per my jobs, involved with content writing. I started to recreate my jobs on a daily basis to get more content writers built up, but suddenly I saw no one applying, even in the hidden applications tabs. Am I not allowed to reuse jobs I created? Does upwork see me creating jobs and not hiring people (due to no applicants/good applicnats) and move my job further down in rankings?

Community Guru
Claudia Z Member Since: Jul 28, 2015
2 of 5

If you have several jobs open with same title and description but no one hired, this is making people to wonder about your intentions to hire.

The freelancers may not be very enticed to apply on jobs for a client with low hiring rate.

Aside that, for a certain type of job a client may be "attracting" the same freelancers. If a freelancer applied already on a previous job, wont apply again.

To reach out a different "pool" of freelancers, change the title, description ... offer a better pay.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 5

How many freelancers have you hired on the platform and what is your hire-rate? (the percentage?)

And yes, spamming the job feed with daily repetitions of the same job is not going to help...

As a freelancer, this is what will stop me from applying to a job or accepting an interview:

• several job postings, no verified payment method. It tells me the client is either wasting time or hires outside the platform
  • low pay / low average hourly rate paid
  • client leaves no feedback for previously hired freelancers, or consistently leaves poor feedback
  • lots of contracts in progress that have had little activity for a long period of time
  • repeatedly posting the same job over and over again
  • low hire rate (less than 40%)
  • anything that hints at dishonesty (claiming to be in one country and clearly being in another for example)
  • warning signs in feedback, both left and received, although I pay more attention to the feedback a client has left than the fedback they received.
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
4 of 5

In addition to what has been said, posting the same job over and over is a form of spamming.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 5

re: "I started to recreate my jobs on a daily basis to get more content writers built up, but suddenly I saw no one applying"

If you made a change to your job posting practices, and suddenly those practices failed to produce desired results, then my first assumption would be that the change you made is not working out for you.

Stop doing the thing that caused failure.

If you want to experiment with a change in your job postings, try posting non-duplicate postings with double your regular pay. Hire somebody from among the first three applicants who apply, pay them, and close the contract, being sure to provide honest, positive written feedback.

I think this could increase your success in attracting contractors to your unique, non-duplicated, non-daily job postings.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS