🐈
» Forums » Clients » Suggestion About Client Name
Page options
rasmawan4
Community Member

Suggestion About Client Name

Hello Upwork Family. Have a nice sunday.

Here I have a suggestion, Let me discuss first why I will suggest that client name should be there in the right portion of job page, where there is client introduction. Because I always prefer to start my cover letter with the name of client, but it take some time to search client name, so thats why I suggest that client name whould be added in just below "About Client" on the right hand side. I am sending screen shot. What I want to convay.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
madison-russell
Community Member

When applying to most jobs, the supervisor's name is not given. This is to prevent things like blackmailing, but also buying your way into a job or contract. Just as you wouldn't be given the hiring manager's name when applying for a job at Google, you aren't given one when applying for a job on Upwork. If the client is interested, they will contact you and then you can find out their name. 

Also I have never ever used a client's name in a cover letter and I get plenty of jobs.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

No. No client name.

Bad freelancers and scammers look up contact info using client name and harass clients outside of the platform.

Hello Preston,

May be you are right, that there can be chances of client herassment, scamers can try to threaten the client, but I think almost more then 90% freelancer not involve in such kind of bad activities, any how it was my suggestion, I always prefer to start conversation witth the name of client, instead of "Hi" "Hello" 

madison-russell
Community Member

When applying to most jobs, the supervisor's name is not given. This is to prevent things like blackmailing, but also buying your way into a job or contract. Just as you wouldn't be given the hiring manager's name when applying for a job at Google, you aren't given one when applying for a job on Upwork. If the client is interested, they will contact you and then you can find out their name. 

Also I have never ever used a client's name in a cover letter and I get plenty of jobs.

Thanks Madison.

For your such a concise brief, Now I understand, why client name not show, in client history.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths