cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion: close a job before hiring

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
1 of 5

Upwork team, it would be nice to have an option to close a job before hiring. Means the job wouldn't be visible anymore and no one would be able to apply anymore, and the client could take their time to pick the right candidate.

I would love to have this so I can review the proposals, decide who to hire and keep the job as it is in case I need to hire another of the applicants later and not receive any more applicants.

Now once you close the job, all the non-hired applicants are thrown into the archived folder and you lose the shortlist that you carefully prepared.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 5

Rene, you can change a job posting's status to private invite only, without closing the job. That effectively hides the job from being seen by job hunters, and effectively accomplishes what you're trying to do.

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
3 of 5

Suggestion for U:

Based on Preston's response to Rene it makes sense to include a statement to clients that reads:

Once you've selected a provider and If you want to retain your list of preferred candidates; simply change the status of your RFP to Invite Only. 

This could be via a pop-up statement upon client hiring.

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
4 of 5

Thanks Preston, good to know. I think this should be made more obvious. The client interface could actually be even more user friendly.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 5

Thanks for your suggestion, Rene and Wendy. I'll share it with the team.

The status of the posting is displayed right away on the Jobs page and can be changed any time on the same page:

Screenshot_1.png

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS