🐈
» Forums » Clients » Summary of amount charged for a job
Page options
iainrwilliams
Community Member

Summary of amount charged for a job

How do i extract how much i have paid for a job ( either complete or to date ) in a printable form to claim as an expense ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Iain.

Thank you for your feedback, I will share this with our team.
Yes you can see the total hours your freelancer has worked on a contract by going to: Job > All Jobs > Select the contract you need.
If you need further help let me know.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Iain,

You will be able to access this information by clicking the 'Reports' tab and then going to then selecting "Transactions". You can filter the information by date range and you will see buttons at the top that allow you to export this data for your record keeping or printing. Hope that helps!

~Nina

Thanks .

This works if I can filter by freelancer or by date alone 

However in some cases I had the same freelancer working on different jobs during the same month .

I cannot find a filter by job - is that possible ?

Hi Iain,

Unfortunately we do not have a filter by job at this moment.

~ Goran
Upwork

Now there is an easy value adding upgrade for you .

So there is no way you can get a summary of cost of a job 

I there a way you can see the number of hours worked on a job ?

Hi Iain.

Thank you for your feedback, I will share this with our team.
Yes you can see the total hours your freelancer has worked on a contract by going to: Job > All Jobs > Select the contract you need.
If you need further help let me know.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks

It's insane how difficult it is to get a summary of expenses that could be passed along for reimbursement. Here's what I want: A summary of all charges in a month on a SINGLE invoice. Instead, my only option seems to be to download separate invoices for EVERY milestone proposal from the contractor, a separate request to fund escrow for each proposal, a record of payment to Upwork escrow from me, and a record of payment to the contractor from escrow. Four "invoices" for every transaction. For a project with 3 milestones, that's a dozen "invoices" that I have to sort through. 

How do Upwork clients deal with all this? I get it that upwork needs to record every transaction, but there has to be a better solution for those of us who need to seek reimbursement. 

Help!!!!

Hi Ben,

While we don't have the option to provide a summary of different transactions in a single invoice, since as you noted invoices are created for each individual transaction, you are able to download all the invoices in a given 30-day timeframe in bulk, without having to download them separately (you can find exact steps here). Hopefully this approach will help you manage the invoices easier, let us know if we can assist you further.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths