🐈
» Forums » Clients » Suspended Freelancer, Client Notification
Page options
c1564056
Community Member

Suspended Freelancer, Client Notification

Hello Everyone,

I have a Freelancer that claimed his account was temporarily suspended. I did not see any indicators his account was suspended, he simply did not respond to any of my messages for 10 days. How would I (as the client) know his account was temporarily suspended?

Thanks,

Adam

4 REPLIES 4
williamtcooper
Community Member

Hey Adam, if an account was suspended, the freelancer wouldn't be able to interact with you such as messaging. Thanks!

Thank you for your response. So, the Freelancer just falls silent, with no indicator or explanation. That's a serious problem. I am de facto, the  Freelancer's employer. If they suddenly fall silent without any explanation, I, as the employer, may terminate their contract and when they come back to explain, I'm in a dilemma because I may have hired someone else. I humbly advise UpWork create some sort of indicator with explanation, because I almost fired my guy, and we have a good working relationship, all because he had a dispute with a non-paying client.

PradeepH

Hi Adam,

Thank you for your message. It depends on the type of suspension placed on the Freelancer's account and the reason for this action. I am unable to discuss or share action taken on other user's account with you for security purposes.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you for your response. So, the Freelancer just falls silent, with no indicator or explanation. That's a serious problem. I am de facto, the  Freelancer's employer. If they suddenly fall silent without any explanation, I, as the employer, may terminate their contract and when they come back to explain, I'm in a dilemma because I may have hired someone else. I humbly advise UpWork create some sort of indicator with explanation, because I almost fired my guy, and we have a good working relationship, all because he had a dispute with a non-paying client.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths