cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspicious Work Diary

Farshad F Member Since: Aug 11, 2016
1 of 3

Hi- I hired a developer but I noticed that upwork suspended his account due to some verification (I think he has double accounts). Anyhow, it seems that upwork let him to work on my project but he cannot bid on other projects. Now, I am little worry about identity and performance of his work. He is developring an ios app (swift). And now it is the mainstoryboard part. I see the following Work Diary for example (see the attachment). so many mouse click but without any keyboard! is it normal?

Is thery any tool/script to mimic the behaviour of a programmer (randomly opens some windows, move the mouse, click, etc)?

Thanks and regards

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 3

Hi Farshad,

I'll ask our team to reach out and advise you regarding the suspicions you shared here directly. In the meantime, you can consider pausing the contract and asking your freelancer for an explanation about the time they logged.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 3

Farshad:

For a project of this scope, you really should be working with a competent project manager who can look at the actual submitted source code files (not just the work diaries) and tell you if the files being submitted are usable for the project or not.

During certain phases of development, it may indeed be possible for the developer to be doing good work on your project with mostly mouse clicks and few keyboard strokes. Or the freelancer may be totally wasting your time and money.

But what matters is the files you receive, and whether or not you can deploy a workable product. The work diaries may help you identify problems, but ultimately they're not the important thing.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS